Monday, February 25, 2013

You've Been Voluntold!


If you're anything like myself - you do a great deal of local networking. At least two or three days a week, you might run into me at some event or another. Some are professional groups where my target customers lurk and others are general professional organizations local and national. In a few of these organizations I play a managerial role, (one I'm the president). As you may well understand this takes a great deal of commitment and effort.  I absolutely believe that these groups help get my brand in front of the right people who desire what I'm offering. I have a strategy for my efforts and all involve being in control of my efforts. I'm proud that my brand commands the respect of my peers and as such I never have to suffer the the terrible affliction of being "voluntold." 

If you're on a committee or two but fail to show up when you're needed to participate, you will fall fate to joining efforts you are unaware of at the time you were induced. Some describe it this way - " the fasted way to getting the worst job on a committee is to not show up at an important meeting." At that critical meeting your brethren will take great pleasure in volunteering you, and if this happens - brother you've been VOLUNTOLD!" 

Being Voluntold is the scarlet letter of organizations. If you're Voluntold too many times your personal brand is going to take a beating. For the sake of your brand, be aware of the importance of meetings and your responsibility within a group.

You've been warned.

No comments:

 
More blogs about http://brandcorral/blogspot.com.