Sunday, September 12, 2010

Do You Live Your Customer Service Promise?

I was just directed to a blog post on customer service. This article showed the effectiveness of social media in responding to poor service and the benefits that could happen.

It reminded me of a situation where I was being waited on, but was interrupted by a phone call that the attendant promptly answered. They then started to address the phone caller's request ignoring me. I was disgusted, having dragged my butt down to the store money in hand. I complained to the attendant AND manager but was told it was corporate policy. Stupid. They lost my sales that day as I walked out, never to return.

I taught me that customer service is something that be expressed equally. It also proved the old adage, "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." When someone gives you their time, don't look over their shoulder looking for a better opportunity. Respect their time. Your professionalism will benefit you at a later date. Everyone shouts customer service, but real service is actually lacking in every industry and category. Customer service has become a cliché. It is your first opportunity to out-shine the competition.

No comments:

 
More blogs about http://brandcorral/blogspot.com.