Saturday, December 20, 2008

How To Make Your Blog Mobile!

A quick note if you'd like a fast way to get your blog on mobile phones.

First off, I bought the domain, "TheBrandCorral.mobi over at goDaddy.com and then forwarded it to the feedburnerlink of my existing blog.

Now when a reader enters www.TheBrandCorral.mobi in their mobile phone, up comes a list of my articles. Clicking on an article (in my BlackBerry) gives them two choices. View Description or Read Article. Choosing Read Article, gives a terrific mobile friendly version of my blog including graphics and all my side bar information.

That's it.

5 comments:

jkleiman said...

I made www.probook.ca/blog work on mobile phones with a great wordpress plugin. And, as it should, it links to Brand Corral ;)

Ed Roach said...

...and a great link it is Jonathon, thank you.

Thanks also for dropping by.

-Ed

jkleiman said...

Not my first visit =)

Robert Kingston said...

I noticed you .mobi the other day, Ed. Very interesting stuff...

Always a good idea to secure your brandname in domains. A lot of sites these days also use "m.domainname.com" or "mobile.domainname.com" to redirect to their mobile site.

Ed Roach said...

That's interesting Robert. I've not seen that yet.

 
More blogs about http://brandcorral/blogspot.com.